The law requires that Employers appoint one or more ‘competent persons’ to assist them in complying with the Health and Safety law which is relevant to their business.
Most companies however cannot justify a full-time Safety Advisor, and may not have the necessary skills in-house for an employee to act as their competent person.
By taking advantage of our Retained Safety Advisor Service, your company can have a fully qualified and experienced ex-Factory Inspector as your named Safety Advisor.
Benefits of the Retained Safety Advisor Service
- Telephone and email support as necessary throughout the year by someone who knows your business
- The ability to use my name as your ‘competent person’ concerning health and safety matters on customer questionnaires, Safe Contractor / SMAS / CHAS Accreditation etc.
- Periodic updates on important H&S issues, such as significant changes to Health and Safety law, guidance or HSE enforcement practice
- To ask advice on a range of issues, including accident investigations and how to defend civil claims
- To be able to find out whether what you are being told needs to be done in the name of health and safety, actually does need to be done
- To get health and safety advice which will help you focus your attention and what H&S issues really matter
How much will it cost?
The annual cost will vary depending on the size of your company. The annual retainer starts at £500 for small / low risk companies, and all on-site days paid for in advance are offered at a discount to our normal daily rate.